February was a big month for reading – a total of eight books, plus a compulsion to consume every blog on WordPress in its entirety. I think in March I will aim to do more living and writing and less reading. Spring is coming and it’s time to be up and doing!
Here are the ones I enjoyed most this month:
- The Divorce Diet, by Ellen Hawley – an upbeat light read with drool-inducing recipes that threaten to tip me off my carb-free lifestyle
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette, by Maria Semple – one of the best books I’ve read in a long while
- Wonder, by RJ Palacio – like all the best juvenile and YA fiction, it’ll refresh your literary palate
- Keto Clarity, by Jimmy Moore – a must-read for anyone interested in the ketogenic way of eating
I didn’t watch many movies, and only one worth sharing:
- The Longest Day – a powerful and moving docudrama
There was a disturbing trend in that much of my reading this month seemed to be about broken or breaking marriages. That’s a topic I will try to avoid for a while; even when the writing is good, too much of it stops being entertaining.