May was a busy month with little time for serious reading but, of course, I still managed to pick up some good ones. It seems I overloaded on sci-fi and fantasy this month! Everything I read and watched is, as always, reviewed here. (For last year’s reviews, go here.)
- Bumped, by Megan McCafferty – post-apocalyptic YA fantasy that almost has you believing it could happen.
- Dark Places, by Gillian Flynn – brilliantly written but very, very disturbing.
- Bellwether, by Connie Willis – funny, satirical, romantic sci-fi, and only a little bit disturbing.
The best of the month’s movies were…
- Saving Grace – light-hearted and funny
- Thin Blue Line – you’ll either love it or hate it – British humor
- The Mountains of the Moon – powerful and intense
So what have you read or watched lately that’s worth sharing?